Follow Us   Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Contact Us     Photobucket

Homemade Hot Chocolate Recipe

Get your knitting project ready, whip up some of this awesome cocoa, serve it up to everyone else, then grab a cup yourself and snuggle up with your yummy fiber and knit the afternoon away!!!

Photobucket

I've been making this wonderful homemade hot chocolate recipe for a few years now! Living in Maine, our winters are COLD, so whenever my kids need to warm their insides after playing outside in the snow, I always make them this treat!

I collect Campbell Soup mugs, and pick them up anytime I am thrift shopping, so these have become a family favorite for drinking this yummy homemade cocoa!

Photobucket

Introducing the Cast of Characters for absolutely perfect...

HOT CHOCOLATE

3 cups whole milk

1 c. half and half

1/4 c. cocoa powder

1/2 c. sugar

1/4 t. cinnamon

1/4 t. vanilla

marshmallows and candy canes (optional)

Photobucket

This is also great with my *LINK TO COME* homemade whipped cream recipe!

Makes approx. 4 - 8 oz. cups and is VERY easy to double or triple or MORE!*

Simmer the half and half in a saucepan while you mix the dry ingredients.

Add the ingredients to the warmed half and half. Slowly whisk in the whole milk and simmer until just right!

Photobucket

Add the vanilla and your done!

Serve with marshmallows, candy canes (crush some for the top too!), whipped cream... whatever your little heart desires!

**added note... if I don't have half & half (or don't want to use all of my Husband's that he uses in his coffee! haha) I have made this with just milk. It won't be as creamy, but still delicious! AND if you are making whipped cream, you can always mix the heavy cream with milk and make your own half & half!

1 comment: