Follow Us   Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Contact Us     Photobucket

The Knitting Maniac.

A friend of mine dubbed me, "The Freaky Knitter", a few years ago. When I was trying to come up with a name for my blog, I decided to base it around that.

I AM freaky (in more ways than one!) but decided I wanted the word "Maniac" in there, since I was born and raised (and still living) in Maine! So, here we are.

Let me give you a little basic info. about me. My name is Bridget. I love the Lord and I am happily married with 6 children! I stay at home and homeschool my kiddos, and am so thankful that I can!! And... I knit. I knit a LOT. When do I find time? People! There are about 16 hours in my day, so I FIND the time! (up at about 6 and to bed by about 10... give or take a few hours!)

I have designed a few free knitting patterns (that I offer on Ravelry), but I am super proud of my original pattern, "Budgie Bloomers"! I sell it on Ravelry, but you don't have to be a member to get any of my patterns! There are links in my sidebar! (I'll talk more about my patterns in an upcoming post!) I also run a Hyena Cart shop online called, "Squeakin' Cheeks", where I sell my handknits! As I start this blog, my children 14, 10, 9, 7, almost 6, and 17 months.

Here I am with my kiddos this past winter! (Please ignore the fact that my oldest son is taller than me. It makes me wanna cry. Thank you.) (And please ignore the fact that my youngest son is wearing a hat that I didn't knit. That's just plain embarrassing.)

Photobucket

As I start this blog, that last project I completed was this awesome Toy Hammock (by Eileen Casey) for my oldest daughter...

Photobucket

I absolutely LOVE it! You'd think it was crocheted by the look of it, but it was 99% handknit (had to crochet the edging)! I was surprised at how many toys she could fit into it! (Hi Larry the Cucumber!) Now I am going to be working on a pinky colored one for my middle daughter. Then an orange one for my middle son. I think I may be making these for a while. Heck, I think they are so cute, I was trying to picture one in my room to hold a bunch of YARN!!!! haha (I say, "haha", but you watch...I'll really do it!)

Well, it's always hard to write the first post. So, I'm calling it done so that I can move on.

Nice to meet you. I'll tell you more about myself as time goes on, and share lots of great knitting stuff with you! (amongst all the other "maniac" stuff I do!)

Make sure to keep those needles clicking!!!

~ Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment